Smart Monitoring Solutions Enhance Efficiency and Guest Satisfaction
San Francisco is one of the most cut-throat markets in the hospitality industry. With high property costs, strict building codes and competition from home sharing sights like Airbnb, hotels are struggling to keep a stronghold in one of the most popular destinations in the United States.
Tourism remains at record highs in the Bay area with 25.1 million visitors in 2016 amounting to $9.69 billion in spending. With much of that money going to hotels, local competition is ramping up with new properties opening to match the rising demand. There are plenty of hotel expansions planned for 2017 including marquee projects from companies like Hyatt, Waldorf Astoria, and Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
These hotel chain leaders will invest heavily in technology that will allow them to stand out in the local market including high-speed Wi-Fi, smart lighting, and personal concierges. Beyond the front-facing services that will attract visitors, hotel automation technology is also needed to improve the efficiency of the back of the house operations. Smart monitoring software, like CytexOne’s Atlas, enhances operational efficiency to create a better experience for guests while reducing overhead costs.
What is CytexOne Atlas?
The experts at CytexOne can design a hotel automation system which lets you monitor and maintain your space remotely using the Atlas software. With remote diagnostic features and self-healing actions, issues are resolved before resulting in downtime or a poor experience for guests. If needed, Atlas will advise the necessary technicians and hotel staff whenever problems need to be corrected. Highlighted below are some ways this software can make your hotel property more competitive in such a saturated market:
- Reduce Labor Costs: Due to increased minimum wage requirements and a strong union presence, labor costs continue to rise in San Francisco. Atlas can help you reduce labor costs by eliminating valuable time spent repairing issues, optimizing employees’ time by remotely monitoring hotel needs, and reducing your workforce by centralizing management and maintenance.
- Monitor Energy Usage: A smart energy management solution will not only reduce your overall operating costs, but it will also help you attract eco-conscious guests. With Atlas, you can monitor HVAC and lighting to detect stressors and weak points. If you notice unnecessarily high consumption in specific rooms or areas, the necessary changes can be made through the Atlas platform.
- Enhance Guest Experience: Analyze issues and needs throughout your hotel. You can gauge mini-bar inventory and refill as needed or notice problems with HVAC before guests are forced to deal with uncomfortable temperatures.
- Centralize Property Management: By monitoring your entire property from one centralized location, you can know which units need service. Your team is then directed to the necessary technicians to resolve any issues. This will help you avoid component and system failure which can result in costly downtime for your hotel.
- Learn and Grow: Save and analyze data when it comes to labor costs, energy consumption, security, and property maintenance so you can make informed decisions about your space’s efficiency moving forward. CytexOne’s integrated technology systems are easy to expand and modify as your business needs change.
Hotel automation is about more than giving guests one-touch control of in-room technology; it’s also a valuable management tool for staff to enhance efficiency and increase profits. CytexOne’s hotel automation solutions are designed to create the ultimate guest experience while offering a direct return on investment. If you want to learn more about our services, contact us online.